5.22.2008

This is my rant.


Today I was driving and I started listening to Saves the Day - Stay What You Are. That record is so amazing. Listening to it I realized so many weird things that I guess I never realized before. It was like i was rediscovering it or something. Probably haven't listened to that record in years and it still kicked my ass. Start to finish. There's this weird thing when recording a record. For some reason you find yourself listening to the most random stuff whether it be old or new or whatever. Today listening to that record inspired me again and also made me think about our record in a different way. A better way. For some reason I wanted to listen to that record today and I'm glad I did. Anyways the whole point of this rant is that today I realized more than ever how much music has affected my life and made me who I am. I'm sure that might go for a lot of people. God forbid if you're reading this and you do not own that record you need to download it or go buy it or whatever. It will change your life.

3 comments:

Aileen Burns said...

If you guys make a record that affects me any amount close to the what Stay What You Are does, I will cry tears of joy. And probably confusion.

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to the new album!
You've been talking about it for so long I want it to be done already!
I hate waiting to albums of my favorites bands but (already?!) year ago when I was waiting to Simple Plan's it was worth it (Of course) after all the big waiting (Huge waiting!) so I'm sure it will be the smae here ^^
Anyway, can't wait! lol

And you know music made me who I am today too, it just gave me so many things and some musicians that really changed me and alot of rough times that music helped me through, it's just amazing!

Alicia Mitchell said...

Flight of the Conchords, I see there.

:)